- Ideanomics’ Mobility and Capital divisions provide shareholders with access to disruptive and high-growth opportunities
- The company’s primary shareholders include two billionaire families – former chairman Dr. Bruno Wu and Vice Chairman Mr. Shane McMahon
- The company has raised approximately $400 million in six months to fund new investments and acquisitions in revenue-based growth focused on EV and fintech companies
- Ideanomics Mobility consists of five companies and generates revenue from the entire EV ecosystem from vehicle and battery sales to financing, leasing and insurance, all the way through charging and energy services
- The EV market is expected to grow exponentially, driven by growing public acceptance and the current U.S. administration’s support as it works toward a 100% clean-energy economy
- Ideanomics Capital is focused on financial technologies and their disruptive potential across financial services, ranging from markets and digital assets to real estate
Ideanomics (NASDAQ: IDEX) is a global company facilitating the adoption of commercial electric vehicles and supporting next-generation financial services and fintech products. Ideanomics is currently divided into two divisions – mobility and capital. These divisions provide shareholders with access to disruptive and high-growth opportunities.
The company expects 2021 to be another growth year after it raised approximately $400 million over the past six months. This funding has already been put to good use with acquisitions of Wireless Advanced Vehicle Electrification (“WAVE”) and Timios. With roughly $200 million still on the balance sheet, Ideanomics continues to look for new investments and acquisitions in revenue-based opportunities focused on EV and fintech businesses.
Founded in 2004, Ideanomics is headquartered in New York, New York, with additional offices in Hangzhou, Beijing and Qingdao, China. Its current operations span the United States, China, Ukraine and Malaysia.
Ideanomics Mobility is focused on the EV market. The global commercial EV market was valued at $34.7 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 39.9% through 2022 to reach a total of $132.73 billion (https://nnw.fm/aIiv0). According to a survey by Grand View Research, the global EV charging infrastructure market is also expected to grow and reach $144.97 billion in 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 33.4% from 2021 to 2028.
This growth is expected to be driven by increased support of electric vehicles from the public, as well as the current U.S. administration, which has a goal of achieving a 100% clean-energy economy.
The Ideanomics Mobility unit consists of five companies:
- Mobile Energy Global (“MEG”) – Wholly owned China-based service provider of the Sales-to-Finance-to-Charging (“S2F2C”) business model to assist commercial fleet operators on EV enablement. Recent sales include 2,000 units of D1, BYD’s custom electric ride-hailing vehicle.
- Medici Motor Works – Wholly owned North America division. MMW will develop zero-emissions specialty vehicles, trucks, buses and vans for the North American market.
- Wireless Advanced Vehicle Electrification (“WAVE”) – Wholly owned Utah-based commercial EV charging technology company with a specialized offering of in-ground wireless charging for commercial vehicles. WAVE’s chargers power the Antelope Valley Transportation Authority, the largest municipal EV bus system in the country. Its revenue for 2020 exceeded $7 million, and it boasts a robust pipeline for 2021 and beyond.
- Treeletrik – Majority investment in Malaysian-based OEM will service a high-demand market – electric delivery mopeds. Treeletrik has obtained certifications in Thailand and Indonesia, with orders secured for 2021. Its North American marketing program is expected to commence in 2021. As a part of the ESG initiative, one tree will be planted for every unit sold.
- Solectrac – Minority investment in California-based electric tractor company. Solectrac manufactures 100% electric tractors to benefit farmers, crops and the planet at a time when the agriculture market remains virtually unaddressed by EV solutions.
- Silk EV – Minority investment in hyper car and performance car design company, which provides access to the high-end battery and charging technology development ecosystem.
Ideanomics is generating EV revenue from its Sales to Financing to Charging (“S2F2C”) business model, which features three operating areas:
- Vehicle and Battery Sales: Medici, Treeletrik and Solectrac cover three key market segments
- Financing, Leasing and Insurance: Offering financial services to fleet customers, commission delivery and origination fee-based revenue
- Charging and Energy Services: Offering charging as a service, battery swap programs and WAVE wireless charging products
Ideanomics Capital is focused on providing disruptive fintech solutions across the entire board of financial services, ranging from financial markets to digital securities and assets to mortgages and more. More mainstream institutions and a growing number of companies have increased their digital securities services, along with institutional investments boosting bitcoin and the emergence of favorable regulatory developments, creating ample opportunities for widespread adoption of financial technologies.
Additionally, the U.S. real estate industry is ripe for technologization, as it currently is fragmented, antiquated, opaque and largely untouched by tech innovation. However, the expanding market, with U.S. home sales expected to grow 21.9% in 2021, and the increased digitization of all business spaces are expected to promote a digital-first experience as the new industry standard this year and beyond (https://nnw.fm/KGpg2).
The Ideanomics Capital unit consists of five companies:
- Timios – Wholly owned subsidiary bringing real estate into the 21st century by providing value-add, fee-based services addressing the title and closing process of home buying and mortgage transactions. Timios works to create transparency and efficiency within the market. Timios ended 2020 as a cash flow and EBITDA positive business.
- The Delaware Board of Trade (“DBOT”) – Wholly owned FINRA-regulated ATS and broker dealer based in Delaware.
- Liquefy – Minority investment bringing innovation to investment in real assets with blockchain technology by increasing efficiency in fractional ownership, lowering entry to investment barriers and unlocking liquidity in assets that were previously illiquid.
- Technology Metals Market (“TM2”) – Minority investment in UK company delivering a direct investment and trading market for technology metals with a newly accessible technology metals asset class for inventory diversification. The traded metals are 100% backed by physical metals.
- Intelligenta – Investment providing AI and machine learning solutions for financial institutions and regulators.
Alf Poor is Ideanomics’ Chief Executive Officer. He is a client-focused and profit-driven executive who has a track record of success in rapidly growing technology companies and large, multi-national organizations. Mr. Poor’s expertise includes business planning, financing and creating and implementing corporate governance policies, as well as handling management across organizations. His specialization is working with cross-border and multi-national startups. Before taking the CEO role at Ideanomics, he was the CEO for Global Data Sentinel.
Conor McCarthy is the company’s Chief Financial Officer. He is a strategic and operationally oriented management-level professional. His extensive international experience is within the fintech, data science and advertising technology sectors. Mr. McCarthy has experience with public companies, PE, and VC-backed firms. His specializations are financial and management reporting, planning and analysis, financial modelling, performance metrics, KPIs, venture borrowing, Series A equity funding, ERP system implementation, international business operations, and acquisition due diligence and integration. Before joining Ideanomics, Mr. McCarthy most recently held a CFO position at OS33. Prior to that, he was CFO for Intent Media Inc.
Kate Lam is the company’s Managing Director of Financial Products. She is highly regarded for her fixed income capital marketing skills across Asia and the United States. Ms. Lam has over 25 years of experience in the financial markets industry, dealing with many asset classes and clients. Having spent a few years in the fintech startup industry, her skills bridge the gap between traditional financial assets and new technological innovations. She has held senior management positions at Bear Sterns, Deutsche Bank and Standard Chartered Bank.
Keith Byers is Ideanomics’ Senior Vice President of Operations. He has extensive experience managing strategic relationships with key clients and deepening the relationships through innovation and successful engagement strategies. Before Ideanomics, Mr. Byers was the Managing Partner and Head of Operations for Gain Theory. He has a Master of Arts – MA, Economics from Heriot-Watt University and a Master of Science – Economics from The University of Edinburgh.
Tony Sklar is the company’s Senior Vice President of Investor Relations. He is a communication strategist and has worked for multi-faceted companies with global operations. Mr. Sklar handles omni-channel distribution using intelligence platforms and data insights for strategic planning, international expansion and marketing channels. His specialties include project management with digital strategy and transformation, ICO, marketing, blockchain and strategic partnerships. In addition to his role with Ideanomics, he is also a board member for the Delaware Board of Trade and the host and senior technology reporter for Far From TV.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.Ideanomics.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to IDEX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://nnw.fm/IDEX
NetworkNewsWire (NNW) is a financial news and content distribution company that provides (1) access to a network of wire services via NetworkWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets (3), enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via the Investor Brand Network (IBN) to nearly 2 million followers, (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions, and (6) a total news coverage solution with NNW Prime. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, NNW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, NNW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. NNW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from NetworkNewsWire, text “STOCKS” to 77948 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.NetworkNewsWire.com
NetworkNewsWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.