According to data from the U.S. Federal Reserve Board (http://nnw.fm/dPEg3), roughly $3.66 trillion in consumer credit was outstanding in the United States as of July 2016. About 90 percent of these accounts are expected to be repaid pursuant to the terms of the contractual agreement, according to DBA International (http://nnw.fm/I4pf2). The remaining 10 percent, however, serve as the foundation for the massive debt collection industry, which returned approximately $44.6 billion to creditors in 2010, according to PricewaterhouseCoopers. One company operating in this lucrative industry is LM Funding America, Inc. (NASDAQ: LMFA), a specialty financing company that offers funding to nonprofit community associations in exchange for a portion of these associations’ rights to delinquent accounts. Last month, LMFA released its financial results for the second quarter of 2016, reporting total revenue of $1.43 million. The company will look to build on these results by expanding its portfolio to include more than 2,000 delinquent accounts during the 12-month period ending March 31, 2017. This projected growth would represent an increase of more than 400 percent from the previous year.
To view the full press release, visit: http://nnw.fm/9txHD
About LM Funding America
LM Funding America, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is a specialty finance company offering funding to nonprofit community associations (“NCA”) located in Florida, Washington, Colorado and Illinois. The company provides funding to these associations by purchasing a portion of the NCA’s rights to delinquent accounts resulting from unpaid association assessments. LM Funding also generates recurring rental revenue from a sizable REO portfolio totaling more than 60 properties. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Tampa, Florida. The company’s common shares and warrants trade on the NASDAQ Capital Market under the symbols “LMFA” and “LMFAW”. For more information, visit: http://ir.lmfunding.com.
NetworkNewsBreak is a quick summary of a press release that caught the attention of NetworkNewsWire (NNW) staff. NNW provides news aggregation and syndication, enhanced press release services and a full array of social communication solutions. As a multifaceted financial news and distribution company with an extensive team of journalists and writers, NNW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies who need to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. NNW has an ever-growing network of more than 5,000 key distribution outlets across the country. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, NNW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. NNW is where news, content and information converge. For more information, visit www.networknewswire.com.
Please see full disclaimers on the NetworkNewsWire website: http://nnw.fm/Disclaimer