- Studies have shown that musicians are more likely than the general population to suffer from mental health illnesses but often have limited support
- Even before the pandemic, a 22% increase was reported in the number of artists seeking out help for their mental health
- Fan Pass Live and Artist Republik offer independent artists control of their careers through production, distribution, and marketing efforts – with most of the revenue coming back to the artist 100%
To close the month of May, Mental Health Awareness Month, Friendable (OTC: FDBL) highlighted some of the industry’s biggest music artists that have struggled openly with mental health. In an Instagram post on the Fan Pass Live (@fanpasslive) page, the company featured three artists who have spoken openly about their struggles and have also used these struggles as inspiration in their music. Big Sean is quoted saying, “It took me a lot of depression having a lot of anxiety to realize something was off.”
He is not alone; the Musicians’ Union published an article last updated in March 2022 stating that musicians suffer more mental health problems than that of the general population. The issue first entered the spotlight in 2016 (pre-pandemic) when the charity “Help Musicians” noticed a 22% rise in musicians coming to see them for help with mental health crises.
Sally-Anne Gross, a former music manager and principal lecturer in music business management at Westminster, commented on the study, saying, “It didn’t matter where people were, what genre they came from, or what part of the business they were in, they all said the same thing – they all loved making music but trying to build a career in music was crushing them. It really felt like we were talking to a lot of people who were very anxious” (https://nnw.fm/cxYr1).
On average, recording artists lose 90% of streaming revenue to record labels, 10% to booking agents, and 15-20% of the overall income to management. In addition to these fees, artists feel a lack of support from their labels. Friendable is aiming to change the dynamic of the music industry by offering the first 360 independent artist platform. The company’s platform offers independent artists:
- Music distribution and management
- Music production assistance
- Press release and Instagram promotion
- Digital storefront activation
- Artist marketplace for collaborations
- Merchandise, logo, and promotional design support
- Virtual concert booking and ticketing
- Mobile streaming service
- Live streaming support
- Revenue from fan tips, monthly artist contests, merchandise, and ticket sales
- Access to fan data and performance analytics
- Monthly artist contests
- NFT development and Metaverse performances (coming soon)
Other products on the market boast similar options for artists, but none truly incorporate production, distribution, and marketing full circle like Fan Pass Live. Since the acquisition of Artist Republik and FeaturedX in January 2022, Fan Pass Live has become a full-scale one-stop shop for artists looking to remain in control of their music.
The Fan Pass Live and Artist Republik offerings allow musicians to unlock industry connections fast and easily distribute their music, starting at only $5.
Additionally, fans who sign up for the Fan Pass Live platform gain front row access to their favorite independent recording artists, as well as:
- An exclusive look into the artists’ lives
- Browse upcoming events
- Backstage access before, during, and after an event
- A single place to view notifications, discussions, and content
- Real-time interactions through live streaming
- Exclusive and one-on-one videos
- Behind the scenes look at music video and photo shoots
- Access to exclusive artist merchandise
- And much more!
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to FDBL are available in the company’s newsroom at https://nnw.fm/FDBL
NetworkNewsWire (“NNW”) is a financial news and content distribution company, one of 50+ brands within the InvestorBrandNetwork (“IBN”), that provides: (1) access to a network of wire solutions via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible; (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets; (3) enhanced press release solutions to ensure maximum impact; (4) social media distribution via IBN millions of social media followers; and (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, NNW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience comprising investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, NNW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. NNW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from NetworkNewsWire, text “STOCKS” to 888-902-4192 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.networknewswire.com
NetworkNewsWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork