- Sapientia launched its first white-label product- the Co-op Gold PURE Plant-Based Protein Twists- just six months after its acquisition by Eat Well Investment Group in June 2021
- This product has just been awarded the finalist status in the 29th annual Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards 2022
- Sapientia’s Founder and CEO believes that this award is a testament to his team’s hard work and inventiveness, along with the market’s love for the product
- The award is also an indicator that Eat Well Group is on the right track, as it works towards disrupting the multi-billion-dollar snack food market
- Sapientia is led by Dr. Eugenio Bortone, a preeminent food scientist with a Ph.D. in Food Engineering, an MS in Nutrition, 25 issued patents, and over 25 years of food, snack foods, pet foods, formulation, product development, process scale-up, and commercialization experience. Dr. Bortone is well-known in the industry for being the lead developer in the multi-billion-dollar, award-winning Cheetos brand franchise of Frito Lay, a division of PepsiCo, including the invention of Twisted Cheetos, which drove over $2 billion in revenue
On June 30, 2021, Eat Well Investment Group (CSE: EWG) (OTC: EWGFF) completed the acquisition of Sapientia Technology LLC, a food technology portfolio holding enterprise. At the time, Sapientia was known for its disruptive patents, which aimed at solving some of the major problems that large-scale snack-food companies have struggled with for years.
Such problems included the utility of a snack, including texture, flavor, and offering a guilt-free, not fried, natural, and healthy alternative to most snack food products on the market today (https://nnw.fm/P1I62).
Fast forward to December 2021, the company had already launched its first white-label, better-for-you plant-based product, twisted curls, in what was a defining moment for Sapientia amid increasingly complex global supply chain challenges (https://nnw.fm/vKDh6).
This specific product, the Co-op Gold PURE Plant-Based Protein Twists, would be sold in over 300 Federated Co-op stores across Western Canada and would be awarded finalist status in the 29th annual Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards this year (https://nnw.fm/dzKsG).
While acknowledging the status, Sapientia’s Founder and Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”), Dr. Gino Bortone, noted that this award affirms his team’s hard work and inventiveness. He further acknowledged that it is a testament to the market’s love for the product.
“Having our first commercialized product enter finalist status at the 29th annual Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards is a testament to the hard work and inventiveness of our team and the market’s love for our ‘Protein Twists,’” noted Dr. Bortone.
“We are incredibly proud of what we have accomplished in such a short period and can’t wait to expand our white-label product lines, and equally as important, launch Sapientia’s own branded products, which we look forward to sharing more details on in the near term,” he added.
Eat Well Investment Group has maintained its thesis of investing in companies commercializing food-tech and R&D products, not within years of acquisition but within 12-18 months. This has seen it acquire Belle Pulses Ltd., one of the top pulse processors in Canada with over 40 years of operation and over $60 million in sales in 2020. It has also seen a 51% acquisition of Amara Organic Foods, with an option to acquire additional ownership up to 80%.
With these acquisitions and investments, the company is positioning itself strategically within the plant-based foods market, which is projected to post a 7.7% growth by 2030 to be valued at $162 billion, up from $29.4 billion in 2020 (https://nnw.fm/5mQRp).
The launch of the Co-op Gold PURE Plant-Based Protein Twists was a move by Sapientia to disrupt the multi-billion-dollar snack food market by offering taste and nutrition “without compromise.” Winning the Finalist status at the 29th annual Canadian Grand Prix New Product Award indicates that the company is on the right track and is taking over the industry, one product at a time.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.EatWellGroup.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to EWGFF are available in the company’s newsroom at https://nnw.fm/EWGFF
NetworkNewsWire (“NNW”) is a financial news and content distribution company, one of 50+ brands within the InvestorBrandNetwork (“IBN”), that provides: (1) access to a network of wire solutions via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible; (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets; (3) enhanced press release solutions to ensure maximum impact; (4) social media distribution via IBN millions of social media followers; and (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, NNW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience comprising investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, NNW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. NNW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from NetworkNewsWire, text “STOCKS” to 77948 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.NetworkNewsWire.com
NetworkNewsWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork