Hero Technologies Inc. (OTC: HENC) is a cannabis company with a vertically integrated business model and plan that includes cannabis genetic engineering, farmland for medical and recreational cannabis cultivation, production licenses, distribution licenses, consumer packaging, retail operations and dispensaries that make the organization a multi-state operator (MSO).
The company was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Dover, Delaware.
The company holds the majority stake in BlackBox Systems and Technologies LLC, an aeroponic cannabis cultivation firm focused on providing optimal conditions to enhance photosynthesis and cultivation. Hero Technologies is planning expansion in cultivation and dispensary operations in Colorado through wholly owned subsidiary Mile High Green LLC, while expansion in Massachusetts is planned through another wholly owned subsidiary, MassCannabis LLC.
Hero Technologies also owns and operates HighlyRelaxing.com under Highly Relaxing LLC and recently acquired the assets of V Brokers LLC, now operating as Veteran Hemp Co. at VeteranHempCo.com.
BlackBox Systems and Technologies LLC
BlackBox Systems and Technologies LLC markets a proprietary cannabis aeroponic cultivation system designed for the large-scale production of top-shelf cannabis products. BlackBox offers the optimal conditions to enhance photosynthesis and promote the cultivation of large flowering plants. The system’s dry room, process room and secure storage were designed for precise control through each phase of the cannabis lifecycle. Weekly harvests are achieved using 13 separate BlackBox systems in independent modules.
The system provides a series of key benefits, including:
- High-pressure nutrient delivery, with no nutrient or PH deficiencies
- Sterile, 100% nutrient solution
- Drain to Waste (no reuse of wastewater)
- Low water usage (1 gallon per plant per day)
- Constant PH and EC in reservoirs
- Modular design (1 to 100 pods in any configuration)
- Innovative proprietary engineering
- Minimal cleanup
- Media-less growing, suspended in the air, with no media waste
- No pesticides
Highly Relaxing LLC
Highly Relaxing LLC is an emerging Henderson, Nevada-based operation dedicated to providing customers with honestly labeled, high-quality hemp-derived CBD products. Its current offerings include a topical CBD cream that provides localized relief from potential discomfort.
Veteran Hemp Co.
Veteran Hemp Co.’s mission is to provide a quality, consistent and delicious product for Americans looking to enjoy the hemp smoking experience. Its product is brought in by only the finest farming operations delivering the best genetics. Veteran Hemp Co. has its own custom harvest plans, drying facilities and all of the logistics that fall between. Veteran Hemp Co. prides itself on being a veteran-approved company.
The global legal cannabis market is anticipated to reach $84 billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 14.3% from 2021 to 2028. The driving factor for this forecast expansion is the increasingly widespread legalization of cannabis for medical and recreational use. Recreational use accounted for 60.3% of industry revenue in 2020.
North America provided the largest revenue share in the cannabis market, accounting for 91.1% of the global market in 2020. Due to the early legalization of medical and recreational cannabis in the region, the customer pool has increased exponentially (https://nnw.fm/snpHh).
The global CBD market was valued at $2.8 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 21.2% and reach $13.4 billion by 2028. North America is considered the most progressive region for cannabis and its derived products, with the highest number of CBD companies being based on the continent. The B2B (business to business) segment dominates the CBD industry, accounting for the largest revenue share at 59.6% in 2020 (https://nnw.fm/cGxXQ).
With its vertically integrated business model and development into a multi-state operator across multiple sectors of the cannabis industry, Hero Technologies is uniquely positioned to capitalize on the fast-growing market and the growing number of opportunities emerging as a result of legalization and increased popularity among consumers.
Gina Serkasevich, CPA, CMA, is the Chief Executive Officer, Treasurer and Secretary of the Hero Technologies. She previously worked for Holloman Corporation as its Director of Finance beginning in June 2012 and was appointed Chief Financial Officer of Holloman Energy Corporation in August 2014. She has more than 30 years of domestic and international corporate accounting and finance experience. She served as U.S. Controller for EFLO Energy Inc., a company focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of oil and gas assets in North America. Prior to 2012, Ms. Serkasevich worked in the oil and gas tanker transportation industry as a Regional Financial Manager for AET Inc. Limited (2011-2012), as a Financial Consultant for OSG Ship Management Inc. (2009-2011) and as a Financial Controller/CFO for Stena Bulk LLC (1998-2008). During her 11-year tenure at Stena Bulk LLC, she established the financial, accounting and reporting requirements for its new joint ventures and tanker pools with Sonanagol USA and held the Company Secretary position on both of those companies’ boards of directors.
James Rowland is Hero Technologies’ Marketing Advisor and an expert in marketing and e-commerce. He has held many high-level marketing and business-related roles. He is the Founder and current CEO of PerfectCheckout.com and the current Business Development Specialist at Fulfillment.com. Mr. Rowland has held multiple high-level positions throughout his career, which have provided him with the experience needed to bring success-backed marketing leadership skills to his current role with the company.
- Rapidly positioning itself as a multi-state operator, Hero Technologies Inc. holds a portfolio of subsidiaries with strategic operations within the cannabis industry.
- The company currently has a multi-state vertical business model that includes cannabis genetic engineering, farmland for medical and recreational cannabis cultivation, production licenses, distribution licenses, consumer packaging, retail operations and dispensaries.
- Hero Technologies plans to expand on the proprietary, solar-powered aeroponic cannabis cultivation system of BlackBox Systems and Technologies, as it could help lower the industry’s carbon footprint.
- The company’s management team is comprised of financial industry veterans who have a combined history of mergers, acquisitions and overall company development.
- North America provides the largest revenue share in the cannabis industry, accounting for 91.1% of the global market in 2020; the continent also has the highest number of CBD businesses globally.
- Hero Technologies is currently expanding into the Colorado and Massachusetts cannabis markets via two wholly owned subsidiaries.