Wildflower Brands Inc. (CSE: SUN) (OTCQB: WLDFF) is a public cannabis company developing and designing brands that focus on plant-based wellness and health products. Wildflower markets its full-spectrum CBD products to retailers in the health and wellness space throughout the United States and in legal cannabis markets in accordance with regulations marketing its THC and CBD products.
Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Wildflower employs a unique and holistic business model that encompasses research and development, manufacturing, distribution, marketing and retail. First launched in 2012 as a private company with a cannabis-focused brand, Wildflower went public in 2014 and has since reached numerous significant milestones in its drive to create brands that work in synergy toward becoming a global wellness brand leader.
Gathered within the growing family of Wildflower brands are the following entities:
- Wildflower Wellness is known for its reputable brand, uncompromising quality and mission to connect people with the healing power of plants. Wildflower Wellness offers CBD vaporizers, capsules, tinctures, soaps and topicals that are backed by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Wildflower Wellness offers a full lineup of full spectrum CBD extract infused products made in the U.S. in Wildflower’s GMP facilities which are always third-party lab tested for quality assurance and accurate labeling.
- King Extracts is a California-based company focused on cannabis technology and delivery systems. The King Recharge is a discreet, 97mm small, rechargeable vaporizer with a sleek pocket-sized charging and storage case. King concentrates are clean and sophisticated blends made from CO2 extractions that are fractionally distilled for clarity and purity with proprietary terpenes blended in to deliver a robust, full-flavor profile. King products are available at 26 select, regulated retail dispensaries in California.
- Exclusive is a dispensary of high-quality cannabis products and accessories serving the city of Los Angeles, California. The company enjoys a close association with select hospital oncology departments and community programs.
Using the slogan “Plants Heal,” Wildflower’s distribution network in the U.S. includes 200+ retailers in Washington state and 20+ retailers in New York City. Wildflower has also partnered with Retail Worx to establish shop-in-shop retail locations in the heart of New York City which pairs nicely with the introduction of Wildflower into existing Bridges General’s stores in New York City and San Francisco. Through this partnership with Retail Worx, Wildflower by Bridges General stores will have exclusive product offerings in addition to the full lineup of existing Wildflower Wellness CBD products. Distribution in other U.S. markets includes 80+ wellness and healthcare practitioners with a total distribution of over 300 stores nationwide.
Wildflower holds 14 California cannabis licenses that cover recreational and medical cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, distribution and retail/delivery in the jurisdictions of California state and the city of Los Angeles. Opportunities to activate these licenses creates the phenomenal potential of driving significant revenues while minimizing risk. Expansion plans into Canada are underway with discussions centered on retail acquisitions and Wildflower launching into over-the-counter market with its CBD product line. Global expansion is a key part of Wildflower’s strategy with initial plans aimed at specific international markets where regulatory hurdles are less restrictive.
In December 2018, Wildflower began on-demand, legal and licensed cannabis delivery services to adult consumers in the Los Angeles area and has hired dozens of full-time delivery drivers to accommodate this unmet need. Wildflower has partnered with leading technology and logistics company Eaze.com to help route deliveries efficiently, manage inventory and comply with California law. Providing legal, licensed delivery services helps to ensure that all adults including those with mobility challenges and limited access to transportation services can purchase high quality, legal cannabis products.
Wildflower’s direct-to-consumer online store sales have shown an organic growth. The Company recently achieved over 300 percent growth in online sales since January 2018 with annualized revenues exceeding $1 million for online sales only, marking the ninth consecutive quarter of increased revenue.
William MacLean is the founder and CEO of Wildflower Brands Inc. His involvement in all aspects of the business from product R&D to manufacturing setup has led the Company to its current success. MacLean is a seasoned sales professional with over 20 years of experience in various industries from advertising and marketing to medical sales. While in the advertising and marketing space, his clients included major brands including: Bell, Remax, BC Hydro, and Royal Bank.
CFO Stephen Pearce is a director and officer of a number of public companies in the resource sector. His professional experience as a practicing attorney is primarily in corporate and securities work. Pearce’s academic background includes an honors bachelor’s degree in economics from York University, in which he focused specifically on corporate finance. Pearce obtained a law degree from the University of British Columbia.
Alfred Kee, COO, is a business technology leader with over 15 years of experience in building high performing teams at small startups to large enterprises. With foundations in running large scale business critical technology and user experience product management mindset, Kee excels at guiding teams to deliver business value with agility. His knowledge and experience were honed while working with Electronic Arts, KPMG, CenturyLink, Cisco and Apple, as well as a string of successful startups. Lee brings a global perspective having lived and worked through parts of the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia.
Creative Director Amy Yamamura is a founding member of Wildflower and has been a driving force behind the Company from the start, creating the Wildflower brand. After receiving a bachelor’s degree in communications from Boston University, Yamamura returned to Tokyo to develop her career in TV as an international business correspondent coordinating collaborative projects between top creators around the world and corporations. Yamamura’s unique experience in working closely with successful Japanese brands like UNIQLO has given her exceptional eyes for branding a company.
- CBD consumer sales are estimated to grow to US$2.1 billion in 2020 from US$202 million in 2018
- There is no dominating leader in CBD space with the top brand currently holding a slim 6% market share, opening the way for Wildflower to become the recognized CBD leader
- Wildflower is developing a strong, branded presence in the regulated cannabis and nutraceutical markets
- Wildflower holds 14 California cannabis licenses that it can monetize beyond its own products, especially in the distribution, manufacturing and retail sectors
- Wildflower’s online CBD store is growing organically, with 400% growth year over year and with 33% of monthly sales from repeat customers.
- Wildflower Wellness products are currently distributed throughout the U.S. with its major markets being Washington, California and New York
- Expansion plans include entry into Canada’s recreational and medicinal markets along with select international locations