Lottery.com is a next generation platform where consumers can play the lottery online – in browser or via smartphone app. The platform offers users access to official lottery games sanctioned by their individual states and also provides lottery data to more than 400 digital publishers, including Google and Amazon Alexa.
Lottery.com was founded in 2015, launching at the LAUNCH festival and soon turning into a leader in the industry. With headquarters in Austin, Texas, the company is dedicated to helping advance the lottery industry into the digital age and works closely with state regulatory bodies to achieve this goal.
The company recently entered into a definitive agreement for a business combination with special purpose acquisition company Trident Acquisitions Corp. (NASDAQ: TDAC) (“Trident”), which will result in Lottery.com becoming a publicly listed company. Once the transaction is complete, the combined company will be trademarked as Lottery.com, with its common stock to remain listed on Nasdaq under ticker symbol ‘LTRY’.
Lottery.com Online Platform
The Lottery.com online platform works closely with state regulators, advancing the lottery into the digital age. With the online platform, the company offers enhanced regulatory capabilities by leveraging innovative blockchain technology and capturing the untapped market of digitally native players.
Players go online in a browser or through a mobile application to use the interface. The process includes:
- Players Choose a Game: Players can play officially state sanctioned multi-state games and other games offered in the states in which they live. Players can also find winning numbers, jackpot totals, draw dates and more for hundreds of other lottery games around the world.
- Players Pick Numbers: Players can play their lucky numbers or do a quick pick of randomized numbers in as simple as two taps. “Tap, Tap, Ticket!”
- A Safe and Secure Way to Play: Purchases for up to 50 tickets can be made at one time through the online interface. Lottery.com handles everything after purchase, letting users know when they win.
- Collect All Winnings: Consumers keep 100% of their winnings. All winnings stay in the Lottery.com balance for future ticket purchases, or a cashout can be requested. Company representatives contact winners who hit big jackpots, instructing them on the redemption process.
A Better Way to Play the Lottery
Lottery.com has an innovative e-commerce platform that is using blockchain to maintain an accurate ledger. From 2016 to 2020, Lottery.com grew gross revenue at a CAGR of 363%, and it forecasts gross revenue equal to approximately $71 million in 2021, $279 million in 2022, and $571 million in 2023.
Lottery.com is leveraging a successful playbook, with $398 billion in global lottery sales but only 6.7% online penetration. The large market opportunity is expected to shift to online transactions within the next decade.
The platform is currently available in 12 states across the United States, and the company plans to expand to 34 by the end of 2023. Global expansion is also on the horizon, with partnership plans in Turkey and Ukraine.
Key features that make the Lottery.com experience unique include:
- All the Games Users Love – For consumers who live in applicable LIVE states, Powerball and Mega Millions are available right from the mobile application.
- Convenience – Lottery.com makes playing the lottery on mobile devices easy. After setting up an account, users can begin playing in moments or set reminders to play when the jackpot is high.
- Easy Cashouts – Users can cash out winnings straight to a bank account, safely and securely, with no commissions.
The company is also gamifying charitable giving, fundamentally changing how nonprofits engage with donors and raise funds. WinTogether.org is a platform designed to offer charitable donation sweepstakes to incentivize donors to take action by offering large cash prizes and once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
Strong Advisory Board Presence
Lottery.com is expected to continue to gain support, leaning on the experience of its advisory board and notable investors from the venture capital, gaming and entertainment industries. These include:
- Jason Robins, CEO of DraftKings Inc. (NASDAQ: DKNG)
- Ben Narasin, Venture Partner of NEA
- Peter Diamandis, Chairman of XPRIZE Foundation
- Matthew Le Merle, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Fifth Era and Keiretsu Capital
- Paraag Marathe, President of Enterprises and EVP of Football Operations for the San Francisco 49ers
- Jamie Gold, The Poker Philanthropist
Tony DiMatteo is the Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Lottery.com. He is a serial entrepreneur and highly sought-after industry speaker and thought leader. He has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, VentureBeat, TechCrunch Inc. and more for his approach to entrepreneurship, the gaming industry and cryptocurrency.
Matt Clemenson is the Co-Founder and Chief Commercial Officer of Lottery.com. He is responsible for the company’s strategy. Mr. Clemenson was steeped in corporate and enterprise engineering processes at Hotwire and Expedia before going on to be CEO at LesConcierges, the world’s largest concierge company, which merged into John Paul and sold to Accor Hotels. Clemenson and DiMatteo have been partners for more than 10 years.
Ryan Dickinson is the company’s President and Chief Operating Officer. He has a diverse background in business, technology, product, design and sales, which has aided him in producing many successful outcomes throughout his career. Notably, as Senior Vice President of a SaaS company, Mr. Dickinson produced profitability from a negative $1.4 million division within the first year by reinventing the product offerings, streamlining processes and establishing a go-to-market strategy. Additionally, he produced three record breaking revenue years in a row for AccuWeather, the world’s largest weather provider, by increasing every KPI for all flagship properties by no less than 5%.
Luc Vanhal is the company’s Chief Financial Officer. He has served in C-level executive roles since the 1990s, including a nine-year tenure for The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) from 1990 to 1999. From 2001 to 2004, he managed the development of the World of Warcraft massively multiplayer game, which, by the end of 2020, still had over five million active subscribers. As the CFO of Lottery.com, Mr. Vanhal leads the company’s global finance organization, with treasury responsibility, accounting, analysis and financial planning.
- Lottery.com offers users access to all state-sanctioned lottery games, directly in their browsers or through a smartphone app.
- The company currently operates in 12 states and projects to expand to 34 states by the end of 2023; the company also plans to expand globally.
- Lottery.com’s management team features serial entrepreneurs who have decades of C-level experience and extensive knowledge on producing and growing healthy organizations.
- Lottery.com is gamifying charitable giving and changing how nonprofits engage with donors and raise funds through the WinTogether.org platform.
- The combination of AutoLotto Inc. (dba Lottery.com) and Trident Acquisitions Corp. will allow Lottery.com to become a publicly traded company on Nasdaq under ticker symbol ‘LTRY’.
- Gross revenue for Lottery.com grew at a CAGR of 363% from 2016 to 2020, leveraging a $398 billion global industry with only 6.7% online penetration; the company projects gross revenue equal to $71 million in 2021, $279 million in 2022, and $571 million in 2023.