Koios Beverage Corp. (CSE: KBEV) develops and distributes nature-based products that boost brain function, enhance health, and improve productivity. Its core vision is to help a billion people worldwide live more productively through the development of nootropics, which are supplements that improve cognitive abilities.
The company’s flagship product, Koios, is a GMP-certified dietary supplement. Made from natural ingredients and backed by science, Koios is designed to improve focus, memory, mental drive, clarity and energy. The company produces Koios in the following formulations:
- Powder supplements containing nootropics as well as caffeine and lion’s mane and chaga mushrooms;
- Vegan-friendly capsules;
- Canned beverages containing nootropics along with MCT oil to burn fat and increase metabolism.
Not to be mistaken with prescription-only drugs which are at times used for similar effects, nootropics are over-the-counter dietary supplements; some of which, like Koios, contain ingredients that are currently used in the treatment of patients with Alzheimer’s disease. The global field of nootropics is growing rapidly and expected to reach USD $6,059.4 Mn by 2024 with a CAGR of 17.9 percent from 2016 to 2024.
According to media reports, there is believed to be significant and growing use of nootropics among high-achieving students and professionals. The UK’s leading Guardian newspaper found that nootropics are commonly used in Silicon Valley by computer industry professionals who want to “hack” their minds and maximize their productivity without any possible negative effects on the brain.
Koios was born out of the personal struggles of its founder and CEO, Chris Miller, who has ADHD. Miller found that the symptoms of his condition held him back when navigating the competitive modern workplace. Unhappy with the effects of the Adderall he was prescribed, Chris began a search for a natural remedy that would improve his attention and mental capacity.
Speaking of his struggles at this time, Miller says, “Coffee and energy drinks were no longer helping me. Eventually, I was drinking so much caffeine that I was beginning to notice negative and troubling health effects.” He adds, “I believed there had to be a better way. Better technology that the earth was providing that I could implement and not only boost my daily performance but take care of my brain and body long-term.” After years of experiments and with the help of leading scientists, he developed Koios, named after the Greek Titan who represented rational intelligence.
Koios contains the following ingredients, among others:
- Vitamin B12: Crucial for the function of the nervous system and the synthesis of DNA, B12 also helps in the creation of red blood cells.
- Vitamin B6: This vitamin is crucial for brain development among children and brain function in adults. B6 is also important in the production of key hormones: serotonin, which regulates mood, norepinephrine, which helps us handle stress, and dopamine.
- Huperzine A: Developed from the Chinese club moss plant, huperzine A is used on Alzheimer’s patients to boost their memories. It is also used to raise energy levels and alertness and is the subject of medical trials to test its efficacy when combined with other drugs.
- Bacopa: Also known as brahmi, bacopa is an Indian herb used in Ayurvedic medicine to improve concentration and memory. Modern science has recognized its effectiveness, and it is used to treat symptoms caused by Alzheimer’s disease, ADHD and anxiety.
- Ciwujia: Sports scientists have been interested in this herb since they heard of how mountain climbers in Tibet use it to boost their performance at high altitudes. Peer-reviewed research has shown that Ciwujia has clear positive effects on endurance.
A full breakdown of Koios’ active ingredients is available on the company website.
Additionally, safety is paramount for Koios, with all its products developed in a high-grade nutraceutical laboratory which is GMP-certified and in compliance with FDA guidelines. Koios only uses high-quality ingredients sourced from the best possible locations in order to deliver a product that is not only safe but also “one of the world’s greatest nootropic blends.”
The company’s products can be found online and in stores, both across the United States and internationally, via a continuously growing distribution network.
Koios CEO Chris Miller is supported by a team with strong credentials in medical supplement start-ups, corporate finance and sales, which includes CFO/Director Anthony Jackson, Director Scott Walters, Director Konstantine Lichtenwald and Vice President of Sales Gina Burrus.
With people seeking a mental edge and cognitive boost, Koios believes that there is an opening in the market for its nature-based, over-the-counter nootropics, especially when current prescription medicines have worrying side effects.
- Growing worldwide market for nootropics as a safe way for people to boost brain function and earn a competitive edge
- Non-prescription cognitive enhancers officially became a billion-dollar industry in 2015
- Koios, via its GMP-certified and FDA-compliant lab, has developed nootropic products that are made only with high-quality, natural ingredients and are available prescription-free
- Koios is available in stores and online and is distributed worldwide