HealthSpace Data Systems Ltd. (CSE: HS) (Frankfurt: 38H) (OTC: HDSLF) is the industry leading provider of environmental health software solutions for government and public health agencies as well as private sector companies. The company currently provides inspections, reporting, management and securely synced data analytics through its main product – HSCloud Suite Pro – and its three platforms: HealthSpace Cloud, HealthSpace Touch, and HealthSpace Data.
More than 300 public health, agriculture, commerce agencies and commercial enterprises located throughout the United States are clients of HealthSpace, in addition to the federal department responsible for national public health throughout Canada.
The company revamped HSCloud Suite Pro in 2016 to focus on a cloud-based solution that allows clients to gather field data that syncs directly into a main database. HSCloud Suite Pro includes:
- HealthSpace Cloud, a cloud-based portal for managing apps, licensing, permits and other business and compliance data. The software is customized to suit an organization’s specific needs, bringing data together into a single, easy-to-use web browser-based interface. HealthSpace Cloud’s intuitive interface ensures speed and flexibility in data management, from rapid processing and approval of inspection reports to quickly creating, granting and printing permits.
- HealthSpace Touch, which enables clients to conduct paperless field inspections from any place at any time with an intuitive suite of native apps for iPad, Android and Windows. Access to codes, regulations and violation reporting tools are available within a couple of taps, with assurance that data entered will be stored and synced automatically if the user is ever away from internet access. HealthSpace Touch also uses the iPad or Android tablet’s built-in camera to take high-resolution photos, which are then attached directly to an inspection report, capturing visual evidence.
- HealthSpace Data is an environmental health reporting, analytics and monitoring platform that turns information overload into useful, actionable insights.
Founded in 1998 by a public health inspector and database specialist, HealthSpace is headquartered in Chilliwack, British Columbia, with additional support and development offices in Charlotte, North Carolina. The world’s first publicly-accessible website for restaurant health inspection data was developed and launched by HealthSpace in 2003. Following this success, Health Canada became a client and began working with HealthSpace to deliver a live public health inspection system for cruise ships. This system allows health teams on board cruise ships to report active gastrointestinal disease outbreaks via satellite while still at sea, giving medical professionals the ability to be proactive instead of reactive.
In 2015, HealthSpace empowered consumers by making data based on health inspections of restaurants available through a website open to the public. That same year, HealthSpace became a publicly traded company.
HealthSpace is in the final stages of developing its whitepaper for a decentralized verification, inspection and audit blockchain network in conjunction with its partners at SIMBA Chain Inc. and the Vanbex Group, along with Etherparty. The blockchain-based prototype will support commerce between government regulation and private businesses, providing direct, trusted and immediate interaction to facilitate increased efficiencies and reliability of business transactions.
Ali Hakimzadeh, director and chairman of the board, has more than 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. Throughout his career, he has been involved in more than $1 billion in financing, merger and acquisition activities. Prior to his work with HealthSpace, Hakimzadeh was director of investment banking at Canaccord Financial Corporation.
Joseph Willmott, president and director of HealthSpace, has 35 years of business experience that includes being president of Uniserve Communications Corp., a publicly traded telecom company, and partner in a business consulting firm. Willmott has managed North American manufacturing and wholesale distribution firms, in addition to serving as a high-level policy advisor to elected government representatives.
The management team and advisory board at HealthSpace brings a significant amount of experience to the company from a variety of industries including environmental and public health departments, finance, technology, and the food and beverage industry. HealthSpace continues to deliver focused service and innovative solutions to government organizations while expanding into commercial enterprise verticals to provide clients with proactive environmental health best practices and policies.
- Blockchain-based health and safety compliance audit prototype for the cannabis industry, food service and hospitality, and various government agencies to be tested with industry partners in Q1 2018
- Only enterprise and mobile internet-based, government grade, integrated inspection, administration, communication, data and analytics product suite offered across all platforms
- Currently serving over 300 state and local government organizations in the U.S. and Canada while expanding into commercial enterprise verticals
- Global environmental health and safety market valued at $53 billion in 2016 is expected to grow at nearly 7% CAGR between 2017 and 2025