Delic Holdings Inc. (CSE: DELC) (OTCQB: DELCF) is the leading psychedelic wellness platform, committed to bringing science-backed benefits to all and reframing the psychedelic conversation. The company owns and operates an umbrella of related businesses, including trusted media and e-commerce platforms like Reality Sandwich and Delic Radio; Delic Labs, the only licensed entity by Health Canada to exclusively focus on research and development of psilocybin vaporization technology; Meet Delic, the premiere psychedelic wellness event; and Ketamine Infusion Centers, one of the largest ketamine clinics in the country.
Delic is backed by a team of industry and cannabis veterans and a diverse network, whose mission is to provide education, research, high-quality products, and treatment options to the masses. Its founders helped build the multi-billion-dollar cannabis industry and aim to do the same in psychedelics as it follows a similar path toward legalization. In its quest to advance the new psychedelic renaissance upon us, Delic has become the pioneer in its field, creating an ecosystem of opportunities by investing in cutting-edge ideas.
The Vancouver-based company was formed in 2019 to address the growing interest in psychedelic wellness backed by science. Delic was the first psychedelic umbrella platform. It is currently a trusted source for those interested in psychedelic culture, education, treatments, and more.
While other emerging companies focus on patent medicine and big pharma for substances limited by government regulation, Delic is blazing a unique trail. It identifies ancillary and fully legal opportunities like IP, new media, live events, ketamine clinics (with the ability to offer additional psychedelic treatments once legalized, and large-scale production and brings them under its big tent of resources and reach.
The Big Problems Delic Is Addressing
- Fifty percent of Americans will meet the criteria for a mental health condition sometime in their lifetime. The FDA has approved psilocybin therapy as a breakthrough therapy for depression.
- Every 40 seconds, someone in the world commits suicide. Ketamine has been shown to decrease thoughts of suicide significantly. In 2019, the FDA approved esketamine as a fast-acting antidepressant.
- Traditional palliative care methods do not eradicate end-of-life (EOL) anxiety. LSD and psilocybin have been shown to reduce EOL anxiety for terminally ill patients. Eighty percent of terminally ill patients with psilocybin sessions experienced significant reductions in depression and anxiety.
- Approximately 50 million people in the U.S. are addicted to some tobacco product. Research shows that psilocybin is helping people quit smoking.
The Delic Ecosystem
The Delic Ecosystem covers three main areas: media, health, and science. The media focus is educating and motivating the masses through a variety of digital platforms, like Delic’s Reality Sandwich digital magazine, a free public education platform providing psychedelic guides, news and culture (1.4+ million page views in 2020 and 54k social media followers across all platforms); Meet Delic, the first-ever psychedelic wellness summit and the premier psychedelic wellness event based in Las Vegas (over 2,000 live attendees and 5,000+ email subscribers); and Delic Radio (over 43 episodes and 100k total streams). Delic has also been featured in numerous media outlets like Forbes, NBC News, The Joe Rogan Experience, Daily Beast, High Times, and The Dr. Drew Podcast.
The focus of Delic’s health operations is the most accessible psychedelic treatments that can help billions of people live happier lives. Delic does this through one of the largest ketamine clinic chains in the country, Ketamine Infusion Centers (KICs), a limited liability corporation formed under the laws of Arizona that runs three ketamine clinics located in Bakersfield, California, and Phoenix, Arizona. Its management team has over 15 years of experience in the clinic and medical space, scaling and operating over 20 clinics, with a plan to open 10 more clinics in the next 18 months. Together, these clinics have overseen 4,000+ treatments delivered to date.
The focus of Delic’s science operations is developing IP and advanced extraction and testing facilities that are the backbone of the legal market. Delic carries this out through Delic Labs, a licensed cannabis and psilocybin research laboratory based in Vancouver. It’s the only entity licensed by Health Canada to exclusively focus on research and development of psilocybin vaporization technology.
Founded by award-winning chemists, Delic Labs focuses on extraction optimization, analytical testing, and chemical process development to advance the cannabis and psilocybin industries. Health Canada gave it a Section 56 Exemption to work with psilocybin compounds, allowing the company to possess and research these products for development and quality control before they hit the market.
Latest Acquisition – Homestead Book Company
On March 4, 2021, Delic announced its acquisition of Seattle-based Homestead Book Company. Homestead is a legacy counterculture distributor of psychedelic media. It’s also the creator of one of the first self-contained psilocybin mushroom grow kits.
The acquisition of Homestead is an exciting one, as it shows how Delic is increasing accessibility to this nascent industry within regulated jurisdictions. Homestead has sold tens of thousands of mushroom kits globally and was one of the earliest distributors for High Times and many other counterculture publications.
The Homestead acquisition allows Delic to increase its product offerings on its website, Reality Sandwich, which recently hit a record for average monthly traffic of over 200,000 unique visitors and over 2.6 million active readers in 2020.
The psychedelic renaissance is here. Just in time to help address the global mental health crises, plant medicines have the potential to help billions of people live happier lives. Thanks to university-led and FDA-approved studies, North America is leading the way in advancing an industry as psychedelics are becoming accepted globally for therapeutic, medical, and recreational use. Here are some statistics:
- 32 million people in the U.S. have used psychedelics at least once
- 17% of all American adults between 21 and 64 have used psychedelics at least once
- $500 billion is spent in the U.S. every year on prescription drugs
- $238 billion is spent in the U.S. every year on mental health treatments and ancillary services
- The anxiety disorder and depression treatment market is estimated at $16 billion
- $187.8 billion was spent in 2013 on mental health and substance abuse disorders
Delic Co-Founder and CCO Jackee Stang was an executive at High Times, a leading counterculture publication that became the voice for the cannabis industry. The monthly magazine had a circulation of over 500,000 copies per issue. Its website attracted 500,000 to five million users each month by 2014.
Likewise, company Co-Founder and CEO Matt Stang was a previous owner and operator of High Times, a position from which he played an instrumental in legalizing cannabis in multiple states and launched the Cannabis Cup in America. After interacting with the cannabis community for two decades, he helped found Delic in 2019 as one of the first psychedelic corporations. He shapes the company’s vision and path using his expertise in branding, marketing, business development, and product viability.
Delic’s VP of Business Development, John Coleman, Ph.D., is a former president of Anandia Labs, a biotech company focused on genetics and analytics. Having experience in both science and business, Dr. Coleman is well-equipped to lead Delic’s business development efforts as it strives to enter new vertical markets.
Zak Garcia is the company’s Chief Marketing Officer. He was the former CMO of Bulletproof Inc., maker of the well-known Bulletproof Coffee brand. Mr. Garcia is a marketing and leadership strategist who helped grow Bulletproof Coffee to over $250 million in revenue.
- Delic is led by a best-in-class team of industry veterans with over 100 years of working knowledge in cannabis, finance, and psychedelic research.
- The Vancouver-based company was formed in 2019 as the first psychedelic umbrella platform.
- The Delic self-sustaining Ecosystem covers three main areas: media, health, and science.
- On March 4, 2021, Delic announced its acquisition of Seattle-based Homestead Book Company, a legacy counterculture distributor of psychedelic media.
- An estimated $238 billion is spent annually in the U.S. on mental health treatments and ancillary services.
- University-led and FDA-approved studies are positioning North America as a leading region in the advancement of psychedelics for therapeutic, medical, and recreational use.